作者:培训吧 来源:px8.com 更新日期：2010-2-11
Part Ⅳ Cloze （10%）
Directions: There are 20 blanks in the following passage, and for each blank there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D at the end of the passage. You should choose ONE answer that best fit into the passage. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
When I was 16 years old, I made my first visit to the United States it wasn't the first time I had been 56 . Like most English children I learned French at school and I had often 57 to France, I so I was used 58 a foreign language to people who did not understand 59 . But when I went to America I was really looking forward to 60 a nice easy holiday without any 61 problems.
How wrong I was ! the misunderstanding began at the airport. I was looking for a 62 telephone to give my American friend Danny a 63 and tell her I had arrived. A friendly old man saw me 64 lost and asked 65 he could help me. "Yes," I said, "I want to give my friend a ring." "Well, that's 66 " he exclaimed. "Are you getting 67 ? But aren't you a bit 68 ?" "Who is talking about marriage?" I replied. "I 69 want to give a ring to tell he I've arrived. Can you tell me where there's a phone box?" "Oh!" he said, " There's a phone downstairs."
When at last we 70 meet up, Danny 71 the misunderstandings to me. " Don't worry," she said to me . "I had so many 72 at first. There are lots of words words which the Americans 73 differently in meaning from 74 . You'll soon get used to 75 things they say. Most of the time British and American people understand each other!"
56. A. out B. aboard C. away D. abroad
57. A. gone B. been C. got D. come
58. A. to speak B. for speaking C. to speaking D. to speaking of
59. A. English B. French C. Russian D. Latin
60. A. having B. buying C. giving D. receiving
61. A. time B. human C. money D. language
62. A. perfect B. popular C. public D. pleasant
63. A. ring B. letter C. word D. message
64. A. to look B. looking like C. looking D. feeling like
65. A. that B. if C. where D. when
66. A. well B. strange C. nice D. funny
67. A. to marry B. marrying C. to be married D. married
68. A. small B. smart C. little D. young
69. A. very B. just C. so D. just now
70. A. did B. could C. do D. can
71. A. described B. explained C. talked D. expressed
72. A. trouble B. difficulties C. fun D. things
73. A. write B. speak C. use D. read
74. A. us British B. British us C. us Britain D. we British
75. A. such B. these C. some D. all the